Da lasse ich mich nach langer Zeit doch glatt mal wieder zu einem Post hinreißen. Wat mutt, dat mutt!
Glenn Vanderburg definiert in seinem Talk “Real Software Engineering” auf der Lone Star Ruby Conference 2010 den Begriff “Software Engineering” und zieht dafür den Vergleich mit den klassischen Ingenieursdisziplinen heran. Der Talk ist am Anfang sehr interessant, unterhaltsam und stellenweise recht amüsant, flaut dann etwas ab, um gegen Ende zur Hochform aufzulaufen. Beim Finale könnte man der Versuchung spontaner Beifallsbekundungen erliegen, jedenfalls mir ging es so.
Software engineering as it’s taught in universities simply doesn’t work. It doesn’t produce software systems of high quality, and it doesn’t produce them for low cost. Sometimes, even when practiced rigorously, it doesn’t produce systems at all.
via Code-Inside Blog
Du bist Terrorist from lexela on Vimeo.
Ein ausnahmsweise mal sehr gut recherchierter Beitrag zum Thema Internetsperren.
Wer noch nicht die Petition gegen die Indizierung und Sperrung von Internetseiten gezeichnet hat, der kann das noch bis zum 16.06.2009 hier tun.
Unit Testing ASP.NET? ASP.NET unit testing has never been this easy.
Typemock is launching a new product for ASP.NET developers – the ASP.NET Bundle – and for the launch will be giving out FREE licenses to bloggers and their readers.
The ASP.NET Bundle is the ultimate ASP.NET unit testing solution, and offers both Typemock Isolator, a unit test tool and Ivonna, the Isolator add-on for ASP.NET unit testing, for a bargain price.
Typemock Isolator is a leading .NET unit testing tool (C# and VB.NET) for many ‘hard to test’ technologies such as SharePoint, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, WPF, Silverlight and more. Note that for unit testing Silverlight there is an open source Isolator add-on called SilverUnit.
The first 60 bloggers who will blog this text in their blog and tell us about it, will get a Free Isolator ASP.NET Bundle license (Typemock Isolator + Ivonna). If you post this in an ASP.NET dedicated blog, you’ll get a license automatically (even if more than 60 submit) during the first week of this announcement.
Also 8 bloggers will get an additional 2 licenses (each) to give away to their readers / friends.
Go ahead, click the following link for more information on how to get your free license.
Thanks to Google, now we know where our G-Mails are living. The company unveils some details about their secret webserver and the container data center.
Isn’t that interesting?
… is a Must-Have for all TFS users.
The bunny is an internet connected device that can do a lot of things.
- Read RSS feeds: in real time or when you want it, Nabaztag reads you the news as soon as it hits the web
- Podcasts : Nabaztag plays your podcasts at the time you schedule
- Internet radio: Nabaztag plays your Internet radio stations at the time you schedule or when you ask him by voice command
- Weather: Nabaztag can tell you the weather throughout the day with his lights or with spoken alerts
- Stocks: Nabaztag can tell you the trends of the stock market permanently and in real time with his lights
- E-mail alert: Nabaztag warns you when you have received a specific message
- Messages: Exchange message with your friends and other Rabbit owners
- Nabazmoods: Nabaztag will occasionally feel the need to express himself or to practice his Tai Chi
- Alarm Clock: Wakes you up in the morning with your favorite song or radio
- Talking clock: Every hour, Nabaztag will tell you the time in a different way.
- Ear Dialogues: move your Nabaztag’s ears to move the ears of your friend’s Nabaztag from afar.
For developers, there is an API available so you can build your own “bunny services”.
Read more on nabztag or get your own at the store.
Seen @: Christian Binder’s Weblog
Pretty good question. You can ask ten people and you will get ten answers, ten different answers. Tom Hollander, a Solution Architect working for the Microsoft Patterns & Practices group wrote a blog post about his understanding of a Solutions Architects role. I just can say yep, that fits completely with my understanding of that role. I would sign it immediately.